WELLth Management: Mental Health at Work Challenge - Expert Panel11:30am-1:30pm | Westin Bayshore Hotel - 1601 Bayshore Dr. , Vancouver
500,000 Canadians will not go to work today because of mental illness.
In an effort to raise awareness about mental health in the workplace, the Economic Club of Canada has partnered with Lundbeck Canada to bring an educational event series with a call to action to get employers involved with a national mental wellness corporate challenge. It is part of a coordinated assault to change the face of healthcare in Canada.
Many organizations are unaware of the massive hit to their bottom line caused by factors directly resulting from mental illness, such as increased drug costs, absenteeism, presenteeism, disability claims and decreased productivity. In fact, for Canadian companies, mental illness and mental health related problems impact 4% of the working population and equate to $20 billion GDP in lost productivity.
Following a successful launch in Toronto earlier this fall, we look forward to building dialogue about reducing the stigma of mental illness in Vancouver.
• Margaret Trudeau, Celebrated Canadian and Mental Health Advocate
• Ed Mantler, Vice President, Programs & Priorities, Mental Health Commission of Canada
• Dr. Raymond Lam, Psychiatrist, Professor & Head, Mood & Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, UBC
• Karen Jackson, Senior Advisor, Excellence Canada
• Joseph Ricciuti, Co-Founder, Mental Health International
• Lloyd Craig, Former CEO, Coast Capital Savings
Individual seat: $89 +HST
Table (seats 10): $801 +HST
Individual: $110 +HST
Table (seats 10): $990 +HST